1. The powered Latch Unit is supplied handed to suit a cabinet door with hinges on the right. The latch can be reversed to suit left hand hung doors.
a) To reverse the latch, remove the central screw ( A ) and lift the powered latch, turn through 180 degrees. You must ensure that the cables do not get trapped at the sides or over any fixing hole when replacing and securing the latch.
2. Apply the self-adhesive gasket to the back of the KL1100, with the top hole centered on the top fixing hole.
3. Remove screw ( B ) and remove the battery cover. This exposes the top fixing hole.
4. Place your Latch Unit against the inside of the door to determine the position of the latch, allowing for any rebated frame and the strike plate if required. Mark the top fixing hole through the battery compartment and bottom fixing hole through the Latch Unit.
5. Apply the template with the 6mm (¼”) fixing holes centered over previously marked positions. Mark the 19mm (¾”) cable hole.
6. Drill a 6mm (¼”) hole for the top and lower fixing holes, and a 19mm (¾”) hole for the cable hole. Drill from both sides of the door to avoid splitting the door face.
7. Place the Latch Unit against the door and insert one fixing bolt fully through the top fixing hole and door.
8. Count the number of threaded break-off sections projecting through the door, only one break-off section can enter the KL1100.
a) If necessary, cut or break off excess sections.
b) NOTE: Fixing bolt length should be door thickness plus no more than 13mm (½”).
9. Aligning the Latch Unit with the fixing holes, pass the control cable through the cable hole. The top fixing bolt can be used to hang the Latch Unit on the door.
a) NOTE: If you need to remove the lower latch section of the Latch Unit to facilitate installation or to re-orientate the latch, take care to avoid damaging the latch power cable which connects the lower latch section to the Latch Unit.
10. Connect the power cable to the front plate. Take care to insert the connector correctly to avoid damaging the connector pins - see Installation Diagram.
11. Secure the KL1100 and Latch Unit together using the two fixing bolts, making sure the control cable isn’t pinched or trapped between the face of the door and the edge of the cable hole. Excess cable should be fed back through to the back plate.
12. If fitting the strike plate, you will need to power up the lock to ensure that it engages without binding, and allows the powered latch to self-close.
13. If you are ready to initialize your KL1100, install the 4 x AA cell batteries supplied and using Screw ( B ), re-attach the battery cover.
14. Proceed with the operating instructions suited to your KL1100 model at: www.codelockssupport.com
. If you have already programmed the lock before installing, your settings and any registered users will remain programmed. If the Time and Date has been previously set, this will need to be set again. Any previously set Auto-Unlock at a Set Time will remain programmed.