Many Codes to Choose From
The code chamber (models 0460 and 0470) consists of 13 buttons from which the code is selected, and a ‘C’ button which is used to re-set the chamber after an incorrect entry, and which must always be used as the first digit of a code. Buttons may only be used ONCE in a code. For example, 1212 is not possible.
A code, or combination, can be entered in any order or sequence; eg 1234 can be 4321 or 1342 or whatever sequence is most convenient to remember.
With 13 buttons, a total of 8,191 different codes are available, any of which can be entered in any sequence.
The total is arrived at as follows:
Most people will set a code in the range of 4 to 7 digits, and the total number of codes in this range is 5434.
The lock is factory set with a randomly selected 5 digit code starting with the C button. The code is not recorded by the factory. The code can be changed as often as required to any other 5 digit code. Every new code must start with the C button. Using the spare tumblers, one red and one blue, the code length can be changed to 4 or 6 digits. Shorter codes are possible, but 1 or 2 digit codes are not recommended.
No maintenance of the working parts is necessary.
DO NOT OIL. To maintain the finish the lock should be cleaned regularly with a soft cloth. A silicone spray or similar should be used to provide a protective film against grit and grime.
Code Change Instructions
Note: On models 0465 and 0475: a) press the 'Y' button and the 'C' button to ensure that the lock is not in passage set mode, b) when changing code do not reposition 'Y' tumbler.
1. Take your PushButton lock off the door by unscrewing the 2 bolts in the backplate.
2. Press the C button to reset the chamber and place the lock case on a flat surface with the buttons down.
3. Remove the 2 red screws and carefully lift off the code chamber plate. Check that all 14 springs are held in place on the plate.
4. Note that the red tipped code tumblers correspond in position to the existing code. The blue tipped non-code tumblers fill the other positions. The C tumbler is not coloured.
5. Hold the lock in your hand and depress the C button.
Keeping the C button depressed use tweezers to re-position the tumblers to correspond with your new code. The square notches of ALL tumblers MUST face outwards, with the coloured tips ON TOP: See diagram below. DO NOT force the tumblers in.
Note: Holding the C button depressed whilst removing or replacing the tumblers is ESSENTIAL to avoid damaging the internal mechanism. DO NOT attempt to reposition the C tumbler.
6. Replace the code chamber plate carefully with the 2 red screws.
7. Check the operation of the new code, and make a written note of it before re-installing the lock.
8. Fit the blue or red tipped spindle into the cam on the code side according to the hand of your door (see below).
© 2019 Codelocks Ltd. All rights reserved.